Merchandise export from India scheme
What is Merchandise Export from India Scheme (MEIS) ?
The export of Notified Merchandise is eligible for rewards subject to conditions. The reward is in the form of Transferable Scrips @ 2% to 7%on realised FOB value of exports in free foreign exchange or on FOB value of exports as given in theShipping Bills in freely convertible foreign currencies, whichever is less, unless otherwise specified. This reward is in addition to EPCG and Advance Authorisation benefits.
This reward is for Exports of notified goods/products with ITC[HS] code to notified marketsas listed in Appendix 3B. Appendix 3B also lists the rates of rewards on various notified products.
The reward under MEIS scheme is in the form of freely transferable Duty Credit Scrips which can be easily monetised. The Duty Credit Scrips & goods imported / domestically procured against them are freely transferable.
Ineligible categories under MEIS
The following exports categories shall be ineligible for MEIS:
- Supplies made from DTA units to SEZ units
- Export of imported goods covered under paragraph 2.46 of FTP
- Exports through trans-shipment, meaning thereby exports that areoriginating in third country but trans-shipped through India
- Deemed Exports
- SEZ/ EOU /EHTP/ BTP /FTWZ products exported through DTA units
- Export products which are subject to Minimum export price orexport duty.
- Exports made by units in FTWZ.